Can we use TFS 2010 with Visual Studio 2005??
Yes we can, Microsoft provides facilities to use TFS 2010 on Visual Studio 2005 with Installing a forward compatibility update .
Install the following components in below order:
1. Visual Studio 2005
2. TFS Team Explorer 2005
3. Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite SP1
4. Visual Studio Team Explorer 2005 forward compatibility update to support TFS 2010
The order is must here.
If you face any application error to Install Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite SP1 component.
then give a try to Extract the EXE and run setup.
Some Important Points:
1. Close Visual Studio before Installion
2. If you have Visual Studio 2005 installed already with Service pack 1, then I think you need to uninstall the Visual Studio first,
then install all components in order.
3. The Installation order is really important to make it work.