This portal is to share my acquired knowledge related to Sql Server. I hope will be helpful for novice and professionals.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

List All Objects Using Linked Server


While deployment a project on Production server I got an requirement to update my all LINKED Server references which is a very boring  task to me.
I found a very useful function on MSDN to check cross-database dependencies.

/*-----List objects using Linked Server-------*/
SELECT
    Distinct
    referenced_Server_name As LinkedServerName,
    referenced_schema_name AS LinkedServerSchema,
    referenced_database_name AS LinkedServerDB,
    referenced_entity_name As LinkedServerTable,
    OBJECT_NAME (referencing_id) AS ObjectUsingLinkedServer
FROM sys.sql_expression_dependencies
WHERE referenced_database_name IS NOT NULL
And referenced_Server_name = 'Enter LinkedServerName here'


Thanks

1 comment:

Philips Huges said...



Its a wonderful post and very helpful, thanks for all this information. You are including better information regarding this topic in an effective way.Thank you so much

Personal Installment Loans
Payday Cash Advance loan
Title Car loan
Cash Advance Loan